Join us for our Row Crop Best Management Practice (BMP) Farm Tour on June 30th, 2022 from 8:00 AM to1:00 PM CDT. We will meet at the Jackson County Extension Office and travel on a bus to Melvin Farms and Baggett Farms, returning to the Extension Office for a sponsored lunch.
Producers will share experiences implementing BMPs to enhance row crop production and profit, and how the BMP Cost-Share Program has enhanced their operations. Equipment and practices discussed will include conservation tillage, precision fertilizer application equipment, enhanced irrigation equipment and components, GPS guidance systems, and more.
Staff from state & federal agencies will answer your questions about cost-share and other available assistance. UF-NFREC faculty will give an overview of their work on row crops and row crop/livestock integrated systems.
This is a grant sponsored event, so there is no fee for participation. Please help us get an accurate headcount for the bus and for lunch by registering online or by calling the Jackson County Extension Office 850-482-9620 (weekdays 7:30-4:30 CT) by June 23.
- 8 – 8: 20 am – Registration – Jackson Co. Extension Office, 2741 Penn Ave., Marianna, FL 32448
- 8:30 am – Bus leaves Extension Office
- 9 – 10 am – Stop 1: Melvin Farms, 25410 NE Shorty Segers Rd. Altha, FL 32421
- 10:15 – 11:45 am – Stop 2: Baggett Farms, 1879 HWY 71, Marianna FL 32448
- 12:00 – Lunch Jackson County Extension Office
A tour bus will transport attendees to each location unless they opt to drive separately.