Learn about the latest fertilizer and manure research at the 14th annual Nutrient Management Conference. The conference will take place on Tuesday, February 8th, 2022 in Mankato and will also be available online.
In-person attendance will be limited to 100 people with a fee of $20 payable at the time of registration. Lunch is provided. Virtual attendance is unlimited and free but registration is required.
In-person event location: Mayo Clinic Health System Event Center, 1 Civic Center Plaza, Mankato, Minn.
Certified crop advisers (CCAs) can earn continuing education credits (CEUs) in soil & water and nutrient management by attending the conference.
- Timing of phosphorus application for corn and soybean – Dan Kaiser, Univ. of Minnesota
- Optimum levels of P and K in high yield long term cropping sequence of spring wheat and soybean in Northwestern Minnesota – David Grafstrom, Univ. of Minnesota
- Potassium testing based to mineralogy – Leanna Leverich, Univ. of Minnesota
- When do foliar nutrient applications add value in high-yielding soybean systems? – Emma Matcham, Univ. of Wisconsin
- Managing fertilizer inputs for optimal profits and risks – Gary Schnitkey, Univ. of Illinois
- 4R Nutrient Stewardship Certification Program – Adam Herges, Mosaic
- Common soil and plant amendments registered in Minnesota – Michelle Dobbratz, Minnesota Dept. of Agriculture
- Manure nitrogen and phosphorus crediting – Melissa Wilson, Univ. of Minnesota
- Managing soil health for enhanced nitrogen cycling – Mriganka De, Minnesota State Univ. Mankato
- Soil C, N, and P after drainage installation – Lindsay Pease, Univ. of Minnesota
Thank you to our supporters
The Nutrient Management Conference is organized by U of M Extension and the Minnesota Agricultural Water Resource Center (MAWRC) and is supported by: Corteva, Koch Agronomic Services, Southern Minnesota Beet Sugar Cooperative (SMBSC), Minnesota Corn Growers Association, Minnesota Valley Testing Laboratories (MVTL), Nutrien Ag Solutions, Minnesota AgriGrowth Council, Syngenta, Mosaic (Nutrient Management Conference only), Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), Minnesota Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Fertilizer Research and Education Council (AFREC), University of Minnesota Extension, and Minnesota Agricultural Water Resource Center (MAWRC).