Please join us on Thursday, January 27th for our annual Santa Rosa Row Crop Production Meeting. Registration will start at 7:30. The event will be held at the Linda Carden (Jay) Community Center (5259 Booker Lane; Jay, FL).
We have an excellent line up of speakers this year, including recurrent favorites (Dr. Kemerait and Dr. Tillman), but we also have some new ones that will provide excellent information.
- Identification and Control of Cotton and Peanut Diseases
Dr. Bob Kemerait University of Georgia Plant Pathologist
- Identification and Control of Cotton Pests
Dr. Phillip Roberts University of Georgia Entomologist
- Peanut varieties best suited to growing in the Florida Panhandle— Disease and pest resistance.
Dr. Barry Tillman University of Florida Plant Breeder
- The snails that invade—Identification and Controlling & the new UF Cotton app—How to find your pest and what best management practices for control
Dr. Silvana Moraes University of Florida Entomologist
- Cotton production for 2022; how to manage with reduced costs.
Dr. Steve Brown Auburn Agronomist
- 2022 Economic Outlook
Dr. Wendiam Sawadgo Auburn Ag Economist
- Cost Share for On-Farm Best Management Practices
Trent Mathews USDA NRCS
- Farmer & Rancher Stress
Stephen Greer University of Florida Extension Santa Rosa County
We will have Florida CEUs Available in the following categories: (2) Ag Row Crop (2) Private (2) Aerial (2) Demo & Research. We are requesting CCA points, and are in the process of getting Alabama commercial points.
The traditional fried mullet meal will be served, but Bethany is requesting an RSVP so we know how many to plan to feed. Please contact Bethany Caraway at (850) 857-2313 to let her know how many to expect.
Finally, we will be “Celebrating” John Doyle’s retirement by distance with a cake and a zoom call. Afterwards, the Farm Bureau board plans to do a drive by his house and giving him a BLARING farewell, so everyone can plan to load up to Honk and Holler. We will all miss you Brother.