The weather for this week shows mild daytime temperatures in the mid-60s warming up to around 80 degrees on Saturday and cooler temps with rain expected from Friday through Sunday in many areas. It will warm back up to the mid-70s by next Tuesday, December 14. Most growers are hoping to take advantage of the nice weather and get what is left in the orchards shaken, picked up and into the sheds to be ready for sorting and bagging.
Prices remain on the strong side and demand is good. Domestic buyers have been busy checking lots that have been offered and growers are moving their pecans out of storage areas and onto the market as prices remain steady. Export buyers have been busy as well and are making adjustments to any new protocols put in recently that may occur and affect purchases. Interest is strong as the season’s end in Georgia is near.
Deliveries of Blends mostly Stuarts (nut count 50-59) 48-51% meat yield sold in a range of about $4.20-4.30 per point. Other Stuart Blends (nut count 55-75) 50-51% meat yield sold in a range of about $4.02-4.04 per point. Moneymaker Blends (nut count 50s) 49% meat yield or better $3.50-3.51 per point. Schley Blends (nut count 55-70) 50-53% meat yield $4.15-4.30 per point. Other large lots of Blends (nut count 50-56) 49-57% meat yield $4.25-4.41 mostly $4.25-4.30 per point.
The gift pack and candy businesses are still fairly active while the export business has picked up interest. Online business demand is still strong for early holiday gift buyers.
Prices paid to growers (late afternoon Tuesday, December 7, 2021 thru late afternoon Thursday, December 09, 2021) at buyers delivery point or F.O.B. the orchard including direct sales to end users, cents per pound in-shell of generally good quality in lots of 20,000 pounds or less unless otherwise stated.
- Native Seedlings (deliveries light) yard tree lots 75-90
- Caddo (deliveries insufficient to establish market)
- Cape Fear (deliveries light) 52-54% meat yield 219-233, yard tree lots 100-125 occasional higher
- Desirables (deliveries light) (export quality) 50-52% meat yield 225-235, yard tree lots 125-150 occasional higher
- Elliott (deliveries light) 53-55% meat yield 225-226, yard tree lots 150-175
- Excel (deliveries insufficient to establish market)
- Kiowa (deliveries insufficient to establish market)
- Lakota (deliveries insufficient to establish market)
- Moneymakers (deliveries very light) (nut count 65-70) 42-45% meat yield 152-180 mostly 160-170, yard tree lots 80-100
- Oconee (deliveries insufficient to establish market)
- Schley (deliveries light) yard tree lots 125-150
- Stuarts (deliveries very light) (nut count mid 50s) 50-51% meat yield 210-215, yard tree lots 100-125
- Sumner (deliveries very light) 52-54% meat yield 219-233
Lots over 20,000 pounds including truckloads
- Cape Fear (deliveries very light) 52-54% meat yield 220-230
- Desirables (deliveries light) (export quality) (nut count low 50s) 50-52% meat yield 225-230
- Stuarts (deliveries very light) 50-52% meat yield 210-215
- Sumner (deliveries very light) (nut count low 50s) 53-54% meat yield 220-235