This week is colder with evening and early morning hours in the low to mid 30s and daytime temperatures in the mid 50s, warming up to the low 70s for Thanksgiving Day and cooling down to near freezing temps for the weekend and early next week. Daytime lows in the mid 50s warming up for Thursday and cold again for the weekend with days in the high 50s to low 60s. No rain is expected for the week.
Most growers are taking the week to enjoy the Thanksgiving Day holiday and to gather up more pecans to sort and grade them for sales to be offered next week.
Deliveries of Blends with 48-53% meat yields sold in a range of about $4.10-4.15 per point. Prices are holding steady or have risen slightly especially for gift pack quality pecans. The gift pack and candy businesses are still fairly busy purchasing top quality pecans while the export business has yet to make any impact. Online business is doing well especially for early gift buyers.
Prices paid to growers (late afternoon Thursday, November 18, 2021 thru late afternoon Tuesday, November 23, 2021) at buyers delivery point or F.O.B. the orchard including direct sales to end users, cents per pound in-shell of generally good quality in lots of 20,000 pounds or less unless otherwise stated.
- Native Seedlings (deliveries light) yard tree lots 75
- Cape Fear (deliveries very light) 53-54% meat yield 220-235, yard tree lots 100-125
- Desirables (deliveries very light) (export quality) 51-53% meat yield 230-241 50-53% meat yield 220-225 occasional higher, yard tree lots 125-150
- Elliott (deliveries light) 52-53% meat yield 208-218, yard tree lots 125-150
- Moneymakers (deliveries very light) yard tree lots 80-100
- Schley (deliveries light) yard tree lots 125-150
- Stuarts (deliveries light) (nut count mid 50s-low 60s) 49-50% meat yield 202-210, yard tree lots 100-125
- Sumner (deliveries light) (nut count 48-53) 53-54% meat yield 218-227
Lots over 20,000 pounds including truckloads
- Cape Fear (deliveries very light) 53-54% meat yield 220-235
- Desirables (deliveries very light) (export quality) 51-53% meat yield 230-241 50-53% meat yield 220-225 occasional higher
- Elliott (deliveries very light) 52-53% meat yield 215
- Stuarts (deliveries very light) 49-51% meat yield 202-221
- Sumner (deliveries very light) 53-54% meat yield 225-235