The weather forecasted for the week shows mild but cool temperatures in Southern and Central Georgia starting with daytime highs in the high 70s cooling to the mid 60s and down to the low 50s by next Tuesday. Evening temps in the low 50s and freeze warnings for next Tuesday. In North Georgia expected freeze warnings today through Friday and again for Monday and Tuesday of next week.
Deliveries of Blends with mostly Stuarts (nut count 55-70) meat yield 46-50% sold in a range of about $3.90-4.10 per point. Desirable Blends (nut count 50-60) meat yield 50-53% sold in a range of about $4.00-4.15 per point.
The gift pack and candy businesses are still purchasing top quality pecans while the export business has yet to make any impact this season. The Asian markets for export are not expected to show much interest as the deadline for shipping is about over for them to get shipped and arrive in time for the New Year celebrations. Online business is doing well this year especially for early gift buyers for the holidays.
Prices paid to growers (late afternoon Tuesday, November 16, 2021 thru late afternoon Thursday, November 18, 2021) at buyers delivery point or F.O.B. the orchard including direct sales to end users, cents per pound in-shell of generally good quality in lots of 20,000 pounds or less unless otherwise stated.
- Native Seedlings (deliveries light) yard tree lots 75
- Cape Fear (deliveries very light) (nut count 48-53) 53-54% meat yield 218-227, yard tree lots 100-125
- Curtis (deliveries insufficient to establish market)
- Desirables (deliveries very light) (nut count 50-60) 50-53% meat yield 200-220, yard tree lots 125-150
- Elliott (deliveries light) (nut count 68-75) 52-53% meat yield 208-218, yard tree lots 125-150
- Excel (deliveries very light) yard tree lots 125
- Moneymakers (deliveries very light) (nut count 67-73) 44-46% meat yield 146-157, yard tree lots 80-100
- Schley (deliveries light) yard tree lots 125-150
- Stuarts (deliveries light) (nut count high 60s-low70s) 52% meat yield 200, yard tree lots 100-125
- Sumner (deliveries light) (nut count 48-53) 53-54% meat yield 218-227
- Van Deman (deliveries very light) yard tree lots 100
Lots over 20,000 pounds including truckloads
- Cape Fear (deliveries very light) 53-54% meat yield 218-227
- Desirables (deliveries very light) 50% or better meat yield 200-220
- Schley (deliveries insufficient to establish market)
- Stuarts (deliveries very light) 51% meat yield 205