The 2021 Rice College will be held Aug. 12, 2021 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture’s Pine Tree Research Station near Colt. The station address is 7337 Hwy. 306 West, Colt, AR 72326.
Crop consultants, industry personnel, and producers will see current research on many of the production challenges Arkansas rice producers are experiencing today. Attendees will participate in field presentations from UA Division of Agriculture personnel and have the opportunity to take part in hands-on (boots on!) demonstrations. CEUs will be available and lunch will be provided.
Cost of attendance is $100 and you must register by Aug. 6 at the following link: here.
Link to 2021 Rice College Flyer
- Tommy Butts
- Bolt/STS/non-STS soybean tolerance to ALS herbicides
- Row spacing and weed control
- Importance of herbicide plant-back restrictions
- Jarrod Hardke
- Identifying and correcting nutrient deficiences
- Jason Norsworthy
- Use of Rogue in rice
- Loyant coated on urea
- Review of seed treatment protection against drift
- Rice response to dicamba
- Yeshi Wamishe
- Identification, scouting, and management of major rice diseases
- Nick Bateman and Gus Lorenz
- Insect sampling and ID
- Management decisions
- Seed treatments and foliar sprays
- Donna Frizzell
- Cultivar selection and management considerations