The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service in Randall County will conduct the annual Pre-Plant Producer Update Meeting online this year from 9-11:15 a.m. Jan. 27.
“We try every year to help all of our producers get updated on new products and strategies going into the next planting season, but this year since we’re online we are happy that more than just Randall County producers will be able to hear our excellent lineup of speakers,” said J. D. Ragland, Ph.D., AgriLife Extension agricultural and natural resources agent for Randall County.
The program is free, with sponsorship by Happy State Bank, but all who plan to attend are asked to preregister by 5 p.m. Jan. 25 by calling the AgriLife Extension office in Randall County at 806-468-5543. An online link address to access the meeting will be provided upon registration.
Three Texas Department of Agriculture continuing education units will be provided – two general and one laws and regulations – for pesticide application.
The program will include the following topics and speakers:
- Overview of 2020 Cotton, Forage Sorghum Silage Trials – Jourdan Bell, Ph.D., AgriLife Extension agronomist, Amarillo.
- Current Challenges Facing Texas Agriculture and Opportunities Ahead – Sid Miller, Texas Agriculture Commissioner, Austin.
- Lessons Learned from 2020 Cotton Weed Control – Key Strategies for 2021 – Peter Dotray, Ph.D., Texas A&M AgriLife Research weed scientist, Lubbock.
- Pesticide Applicators Licensing and CEU Requirements Update – Kyle Thompson, TDA inspector, Lubbock.
- Wrap Up/ Conclude – Ragland.
For more information, contact the AgriLife Extension office in Randall County at 806-468-5543 or Ragland at firstname.lastname@example.org.