Deliveries by growers to delivery points of Improved varieties were light. Demand was fairly good for good quality pecans. Desirables are currently being harvested, as well as Natives. Some growers are starting to finish for the season.
The retail gift pack market is moderate. Due to very light volumes, buyers are making purchases from other production areas or are waiting for additional availability of pecans.
Prices paid to growers (from noon Tuesday, December 22, 2020 through noon Tuesday, January 5, 2021) at buyers delivery points or F.O.B. the orchard including direct sales to end users, cents per pound in-shell of generally good quality in lots of 20,000 pounds or less unless otherwise stated.
- Cheyenne (deliveries insufficient to establish market)
- Choctaw (deliveries insufficient to establish market)
- Desirables (deliveries very light) 50-54% meat yield 130-155 mostly 140-150
- Wichita (deliveries insufficient to establish market)
- Natives/Seedlings (deliveries fairly light) yard tree lots 45-60 mostly 50-55 occasional higher