Temperatures for the week throughout the state show that most areas will have mild weather with lows in the mid to high 60s and daytime highs in the low to mid 80s. Rain can be expected from Wednesday, October 21 through Saturday, October 24, 2020. It will be slightly cooler in the North areas.
Buyers for yard tree lots are slow to open and should be available to accept pecans this week. Prices are lower than last week and some lots went unsold. Some contracts are getting signed this month and sellers are still waiting to see if the export markets will come in and help the market settle.
Retail sales and purchases for gift pack orders are moderate. Some growers are planning to put some pecans in cold storage or may hold and store them a little while longer until the market either comes up or settles at prices both parties can agree on.
Stuarts, Schley, Elliott and Desirables will be coming on the market this week. Prices paid to growers (late afternoon Tuesday, October 13, 2020 through late afternoon Tuesday, October 20, 2020) at buyers delivery point or F.O.B. the orchard including direct sales to end users, cents per pound in-shell of generally good quality in lots of 20,000 pounds or less unless otherwise stated.
- Caddo (offerings light) (nut count 61-65) meat yield 52-54% 149-171
- Elliott (offerings light) (nut count 66-70) meat yield 49-52% 138-170
- Native/Seedlings yard tree lots 40
- Moneymakers export quality (nut count 60-68) meat yield 43-45% 60-75 (nut count 60-70) meat yield 43-45% 52-59 yard tree lots 40
- Stuarts yard tree lots 50-60
Lots over 20,000 pounds including truckloads
- Caddo (deliveries light) (nut count 61-65) meat yield 52-54% 149-171
- Creek (deliveries light) (nut count 47-50) meat yield 50-52% 150
- Desirables (deliveries light) (nut count 42-48) meat yield 50-52% 170-180 occasional higher
- Elliott (deliveries very light) (nut count 67-72) meat yield 50-52% 138-162
- Excel (deliveries very light) (nut count 45-48) meat yield 50-52% 150
- Oconee (deliveries light) (nut count 44-49) meat yield 53-55% 170-190 mostly 170-180
- Pawnee insufficient sales to establish market price
- Schley (deliveries very light) (nut count 68-70) meat yield 57-58% 163-166