The University of Kentucky has organized five webinars on field crop protection topics that will be hosted through the Southern Integrated Pest Management Center starting on November 10.
These weekly webinars will cover topics such as new research on foliar corn disease management, sudden death syndrome and soybean cyst nematode management, updates on the brown marmorated stink bug, guidelines for choosing herbicide options and herbicide-tolerant crop traits, and recommendations for control of weeds like Palmer amaranth, waterhemp, marestail (horseweed), annual ryegrass, and Johnsongrass.
Kentucky pesticide applicator credits and Certified Crop Advisor continuing education credits have been applied for.
Pre-registration for the meetings is required through the registration URL provided. Dates, speakers and presentation registration links are listed below:
- November 10 – New Ways to Manage Old Diseases in Corn – Dr. Kiersten Wise
- November 17 – What Lies Beneath: Management of Sudden Death Syndrome and Soybean Cyst Nematode – Dr. Carl Bradley
- December 1 – Geographic expansion of the brown marmorated stink bug in Kentucky – Dr. Raul T. Villanueva and Zenaida Viloria
- December 8 – Selecting the right herbicide tolerant crop traits and the right herbicides applied at the right time – Dr. J.D. Green
- December 15 – Tackling top 5 weeds of the Mid-south – Dr. Travis Legleiter