Two upcoming virtual field days will give farmers and agronomists the opportunity to learn about the latest agronomic research in central Minnesota from the comfort of their own home.
U of M scientists will join other presenters to deliver timely information about ongoing research at the Rosholt Research Farm in Westport, Minnesota, and the Sand Plain Research Farm (SPRF) in Becker.
These field days will be held online so participants can join from their computer, tablet, or phone. Pre-registration is required for both events. Participants will be able to ask the researchers questions after their presentations.
Rosholt Research Farm Virtual Field Day – Aug. 20
This webinar will look at results from ongoing research at the Rosholt Research Farm. MDA Commissioner Thom Peterson will give the opening remarks. Participants are encouraged to pre-register by August 18th. Topics will include:
- Nitrogen rate and cover crop study – Fabian Fernandez, Extension soil fertility specialist
- Irrigation scheduling study & irrigation and nitrogen management study – Vasudha Sharma, Assistant Extension irrigation professor
- Forever Green Initiative – Jake Jungers
SPRF Irrigation and Nutrient Management Virtual Field Day – Aug. 27
Date: Thursday, August 27, 2020 (12pm-1:30pm)
Register: Pre-register online here
Learn about these five research projects taking place at the Sand Plain Research Farm (SPRF) in Becker, Minnesota:
- Irrigation and Nitrogen management research projects for profitable corn production and groundwater quality protection – Vasudha Sharma, Assistant Extension Professor – Irrigation Specialist
- GEMS Informatics: Soil to Satellite and Sensor to Supercomputer – Bryan Runck, Geocomputing scientist
- Enhancing soil health in irrigated potato cropping systems – Carl Rosen, Professor and Extension nutrient management specialist
- Lessons from current nitrogen management research projects in irrigated corn – Fabian Fernandez, Associate Professor and Extension soil fertility specialist
- Advancing Intensive Management of Continuous Corn on Irrigated Sands – Jeffrey Coulter, Professor and Extension agronomist