Following guidelines to stem the spread of COVID-19, the Cooperative Extension Service is canceling, postponing or moving some events online over the next eight weeks.
This list is not exhaustive. If you planned to participate in an event and are unsure of the status, be sure to contact your county extension office or the event organizer. A directory of county offices can be found here.
The Hot Spring County Master Gardeners are conducting their annual plant sale, which runs through April 20, via Facebook this year. Visit here. Plants will be available for curbside pickup.
ServSafe classes are postponed for the next eight weeks, beginning March 18.
Status of other events around the state:
- Originally scheduled for March 30 – Galaxy/STAR Conference for extension professionals has been canceled.
- Originally scheduled for March 31 – The Tri-District Conference for county extension staff has been moved online for the same date.
- Originally scheduled for April 14 – The PSA Grower workshop in Jonesboro has been canceled.
- Originally scheduled for April 24 – 4-H Wildlife Habitat Education Program is postponed until further notice.
- Originally scheduled for April 24 – The 4-H State Office Candidate review is canceled.
- Originally scheduled for May 18-22 – The Arkansas Future Ag Leaders Tour has been postponed; no new date yet.
- Originally scheduled May 29 for 4-H Food Challenge – Postponed; no new date yet.
For information and resources on COVID-19 for families, businesses and others, visit here.