The North Carolina Pecan Growers and the North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service are coordinating a pecan pest management program for North Carolina commercial pecan growers. In North Carolina we have never had a comprehensive session for insect, disease and weed management.
On Wednesday, February 26 from 6 until 8 pm we will broadcast to selected county Extension Centers (listed below) a program specifically designed for pecan pest management and associated pesticide programs. We will cover insect, disease, and weed management.
Lenny Wells with the University of Georgia (UGA) will address insect management, Jason Brock with the UGA will cover disease management, and Wayne Mitchem (North CarolinaSU, UGA and Clemson) has agreed to cover weed management. We will devote 30 minutes to each discipline followed by a time of questions.
We will broadcast to county offices to allow us the opportunity to provide pesticide recertification credit, to provide a copy of the Georgia Pecan Pest Management Guide and to provide direction and information on pesticide applicator certification in North Carolina. We work with Olathe pest control experts, can effectively handle all your pest problems.
If you are interested in attending this session please contact the person at the location you will be attending to reserve your spot. Advance reservation is required to allow for seating and material.
Viewing locations, contact person, phone number and address:
- Alamance County – Mark Danieley, (336)570-6740, 209 N. Graham-Hopedale Rd., Burlington, NC 27217
- Cumberland County – Jason Weathington, (910)321-6870, 301 E Mountain Dr., Fayetteville, NC 28306
- Duplin County – Tom Hroza, (910)296-2143, 165 Agriculture Dr., Kenansville, NC 28349
- Johnston County – Marshall Warren and Brandon Parker, (919)989-5380, 2736 NC Highway 210, Smithfield, NC 27577
- Pitt County – Hannah Smith, (252)902-1701, 403 Government Cir. Suite 2, Greenville, NC 27834
- Robeson County – Mack Johnson, (910) 671-3276, 455 Caton Road, Lumberton, NC 28360
- Rockingham County – Kathryn Holmes, (336)342-8230, 525 NC 65 Suite 200, Reidsville, NC 27320