The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service is holding a Last Chance CEU Training Course on Jan. 28 at the Texas A&M AgriLife Research and Extension Center, 7887 U.S. Highway 87 N. in San Angelo.
Registration starts at 12:30 p.m., and the program will begin at 1 p.m. The cost is $25. The program will cover topics ranging from integrated pest management, trees and landscape diseases, pesticide laws and regulations, to drift minimization and calibration.
An advance RSVP is requested to the AgriLife Extension office in Tom Green County at 325-659-6522 or 325-659-6523.
A total of five Texas Department of Agriculture continuing education units, or CEUs, will be offered. There will be two general, one integrated pest management, one laws and regulations, and one drift management.
“We call it the Last Chance Training Course because it’s the last time our office will offer continuing education units before this year’s Feb. 28 deadline,” explained Blanek. “All Texas Department of Agriculture private applicator license holders must earn 15 continuing education units in specific categories over the five-year period to keep their licenses valid.”
Commercial and noncommercial applicators are required to earn five units yearly. Older licenses renew at the end of February, but licenses issued more recently renew on the anniversary of the date originally issued.
The scheduled topics and speakers are:
- Pest Control Around the Home and Barn – Haley Kennedy, AgriLife Extension integrated pest management agent, Runnels and Tom Green counties.
- Fruit and Pecan Tree Management – Allison Watkins, AgriLife Extension horticulture agent, San Angelo.
- Pesticide Laws and Regulations – Cory Pence, Texas Department of Agriculture representative, San Angelo.
- Myths and Truths of Glyphosate and Weed Resistance Issues – Reagan Noland, Ph.D., AgriLife Extension agronomist, San Angelo.
- Drift Minimization and Equipment Calibration – Billy Warrick, Ph.D., retired AgriLife Extension agronomist, San Angelo.
For more information, contact the AgriLife Extension office in Tom Green County at 325-659-6522 or 325-659-6523.