Texas A&M AgriLife Extension in Wharton, Matagorda, Jackson, and Colorado Counties are happy to announce the Upper Gulf Coast Feed Grain and Cotton Conference for Thursday, January 23, 2020. This year’s conference will be held in Crescent Hall at the Wharton County Fairgrounds at 6036 FM 961 Road Wharton, Texas 77488.
Registration begins at 8:00 a.m., with our first speaker beginning at 8:30 a.m. The conference will include a catered lunch meal will conclude at 1:45 p.m. 3 CEUs will be awarded to pesticide license holders with the Texas Department of Agriculture (1 IPM, 1 L&R, 1 General); and 4.5 CEUs for Certified Crop Advisors have been applied for. Thanks to ag industry sponsors, no registration fee will be charged.
The Feed Grain and Cotton conference will address the following topics:
- Bollworm and Fleahopper Update – David Kerns, Texas IPM Coordinator;
- Feed Grain Research Update- Dr. Ron Schnell, Extension Cropping Systems Specialist;
- Weed Control in Grain Crops – Dr. Josh McGinty, Assistant Professor and Extension Agronomist;
- 2020 Texas Auxin Herbicide Training Dicamba and Enlist Technologies – Dr. Scott Nolte, Extension Weed Specialist;
- Introduction to Gene Drive Technology – Kate Crumley, Extension Agent – IPM;
- Emerging Cotton Diseases -Tom Isakeit, Extension Plant Pathologist;
- Cotton Market Update – John Robinson, Extension Cotton Marketing Specialist;
- RACE Trial Update/Current Cotton Research – Dale Mott, Extension Program Specialist.
The annual Auxin training will be a one-hour training for 2020. The Auxin training that is provided as part of the Feed Grain and Cotton Conference will fulfill the annual auxin training requirements for Dicamba and 2,4-D Choline products and will include 1 hours of Laws and Regulations CEUs.
For more information or for a copy of the conference flyer, go here, or contact Stacey at the Wharton County Extension Office at (979) 532-3310, or email@example.com. Please call or email Stacey by 12 noon on January 22nd just to let us know that you’ll be attending.