Deliveries by growers to delivery points of Improved varieties were moderate. Demand was good for good quality pecans. Natives are currently being harvested. Harvesting is expected to increase slightly during the upcoming week.
The weather forecast for the coming week calls for low temperatures from the low 30s to upper 60s, with high temperatures in the upper 40s to the low 80s. There is a 10-60 percent chance of precipitation on Thursday, January 9 and Friday, January 10.
Prices paid to growers (from noon Tuesday, December 17, 2019 through noon Tuesday, January 7, 2020) at buyers delivery points or F.O.B. the orchard including direct sales to end users, cents per pound in-shell of generally good quality in lots of 20,000 pounds or less unless otherwise stated.
- Cheyenne (deliveries insufficient to establish market)
- Choctaw (deliveries insufficient to establish market)
- Desirables (deliveries insufficient to establish market)
- Wichita (deliveries insufficient to establish market)
- Natives/Seedlings (deliveries fairly light) yard tree lots 70-95 mostly 80-90