Deliveries by growers to delivery points of Improved varieties were light. Demand was good for good quality pecans. Cheyenne, Choctaw, Desirables and Wichita are currently being harvested, as well as Natives. Harvesting is expected to increase during the upcoming week.
The weather forecast for the coming week calls for low temperatures from the mid-20s to low 50s, with high temperatures in the low 50s to the low 70s. There is a 20-50 percent chance of precipitation on Friday, December 20 and Saturday, December 21.
The retail gift pack market is fairly active. Due to light volumes, some buyers are making purchases from other production areas or are waiting for additional availability of pecans.
Prices paid to growers (from noon Tuesday, December 10, 2019 through noon Tuesday, December 17, 2019) at buyers delivery points or F.O.B. the orchard including direct sales to end users, cents per pound in-shell of generally good quality in lots of 20,000 pounds or less unless otherwise stated.
- Cheyenne (deliveries very light) 50-54% meat yield 175-235 mostly 175-225
- Choctaw (deliveries very light) 50-54% meat yield 175-235 mostly 175-225
- Desirables (deliveries very light) 50-54% meat yield 175-235 mostly 175-200
- Pawnee (deliveries insufficient to establish market)
- Wichita (deliveries very light) 50-54% meat yield 175-235 mostly 175-225
- Natives/Seedlings (deliveries fairly light) yard tree lots 70-95 mostly 75-85