Texas Pecan Prices: Good Demand, Light Deliveries

Deliveries by growers to delivery points of Improved varieties were light. Demand was good for good quality pecans. Cheyenne, Choctaw, Pawnee and Wichita are currently being harvested, as well as Natives. Harvesting is expected to increase during the weeks leading up to Christmas.

The weather forecast for the coming week calls for low temperatures from the upper 20s to low 60s, with high temperatures in the mid-40s to the mid-70s. There is a 10-80 percent chance of precipitation on Tuesday, December 10, and a 0-20 percent chance of precipitation from Wednesday, December 11 through Saturday, December 14.

The retail gift pack market is fairly active. Due to very light volumes, some buyers are making purchases from other production areas or are waiting for additional availability of pecans.

Prices paid to growers (from noon Tuesday, December 3, 2019 through noon Tuesday, December 10, 2019) at buyers delivery points or F.O.B. the orchard including direct sales to end users, cents per pound in-shell of generally good quality in lots of 20,000 pounds or less unless otherwise stated.

  • Cheyenne (deliveries very light) 50-54% meat yield 175-240 mostly 175-225
  • Choctaw (deliveries very light) 50-54% meat yield 175-240 mostly 175-225
  • Pawnee (deliveries very light) 50-54% meat yield 175-240 mostly 175-225
  • Wichita (deliveries very light) 50-54% meat yield 175-240 mostly 175-225
  • Natives/Seedlings (deliveries light) yard tree lots 60-100 mostly 75-85



The Latest


Send press releases to Ernst@Agfax.com.

View All Events


Send press releases to Ernst@Agfax.com.

View All Events