The weather shows a cooling trend with mild temps and sporadic chances of rain early this week on Monday and Tuesday with scattered rainstorms throughout the state for the remainder of the week.
The retail and holiday gift markets are steady with a fair demand, while the domestic commercial buyers have slowed and many are purchasing from outside sources. Prices remain about steady, while growers are finishing up in Georgia and should be done next week or before Christmas break. Most of the remaining export and top quality pecans are under contract as growers are going over the last runs through the orchards and winding things up for the season.
Small lots of Blends with (45-60 nut count) 48-53% meat yield sold in a range of about $4.16-4.49 per point, other lots with (60-70 nut count) 47-49% meat yield sold in a range of about $2.88-3.19 per point. Desirable Blends with 48-53% meat yield sold in a range of about $4.30-4.50 per point. Larger lots of Blends 47-54% meat yield sold in a range of about $4.25-4.50 per point.
Prices paid to growers (late afternoon December 3, 2019 through late afternoon December 10, 2019) at buyers delivery point or F.O.B. the orchard including direct sales to end users,
cents per pound in-shell of generally good quality in lots of 20,000 pounds or less unless otherwise stated.
- Cape Fear (deliveries very light) 51% meat yield 240-244, yard tree lots 125
- Desirables (deliveries light) 47-52% meat yield 135-150, yard tree lots 145-170 mostly 150
- Elliott (deliveries very light) yard tree lots 150
- Natives/Seedlings (deliveries light) machine harvested 46% meat yield 115, yard tree lots 75-85
- Moneymakers (deliveries very light) yard tree lots 70-80
- Stuart (deliveries light) export quality 48-50% meat yield 190-206, yard tree lots 115-125
- Sumner (deliveries very light) 50-52% meat yield 215-225
Lots over 20,000 pounds including truckloads
- Desirables (deliveries light) export quality (40s nut count) 50-53% meat yield 240-243
- Excel (deliveries very light) 48-50% meat yield 230-232
- Stuart (deliveries light) export quality 46-48% meat yield 190-205
- Sumner (deliveries light) (low to mid-40s nut count) 51-52% meat yield 225-230