Rice farmers will have the opportunity to get the latest recommendations and advice from LSU AgCenter experts in a series of meetings to be held throughout the state in 2020.
Don Groth, resident coordinator of the LSU AgCenter H. Rouse Caffey Rice Research Station, said farmers will be able to get advice on choosing varieties, land preparation, controlling pests and the new farm bill.
In addition, farmers will get updated information on new products and technologies.
The meetings will be held on the following dates:
- Jan. 7 at 8 a.m. at the Welsh Community Center in Welsh.
- Jan. 8 at 8 a.m. at the Crawfish Barn near Vidrine in Evangeline Parish.
- Jan. 9 at 8 .m. at the AgCenter Acadia Parish office in Crowley.
- Jan. 14 at 9 a.m. in the AgCenter DeWitt Livestock Facility next to the LSUA Campus south of Alexandria.
- Jan. 15 at 8 a.m. at the Vermilion Parish Extension Office in Abbeville.
- Feb. 4 at 9 a.m. at the Rayville Civic Center in Rayville.