The weather for this upcoming week shows mild temperatures with evening lows mostly in the low 40s and daytime highs running in the high 60s to low 70s. The north areas of the state show slightly cooler temps and rain may be expected on Friday and Saturday, November 22 and 23.
The retail and holiday gift markets are about steady with a fairly good demand, while the domestic commercial buyers have continued to stay quiet while waiting to see if the market settles with lower prices. This week the prices are steady and holding well.
Currently growers are picking up the remaining pecans that they have in the orchards and most are going over for a final time this week and will be getting the orchards cleaned up and ready for next year.
A few Blends made it to the market. Lots with (40-50 nut count) 53-55% meat yield sold in a range of about $4.02-4.38 per point. Lots with (60-75 nut count) 47-58% meat yield sold in a range of about $2.88-3.20 per point.
Prices paid to growers (late afternoon November 12, 2019 through late afternoon November 19, 2019) at buyers delivery point or F.O.B. the orchard including direct sales to end users, cents per pound in-shell of generally good quality in lots of 20,000 pounds or less unless otherwise stated.
- Cape Fear (deliveries very light) yard tree lots 125
- Desirables (deliveries light) export quality 50-52% meat yield 235-240 48-54% meat yield 206-230, yard tree lots 145-170 mostly 150
- Elliott (deliveries very light) yard tree lots 150
- Natives/Seedlings (deliveries light) machine harvested 46% meat yield 115, yard tree lots 75-85
- Moneymakers (deliveries very light) yard tree lots 70-80
- Stuart (deliveries light) export quality 47-48% meat yield 180-200 44-45% meat yield 160-175, yard tree lots 115-125
- Sumner (deliveries very light) 52-53% meat yield 215-225
Lots over 20,000 pounds including truckloads
- Cape Fear (deliveries very light) (40s nut count) 52-53% meat yield 210-220 (50s nut count) 50-51% meat yield 190-200
- Desirables (deliveries light) export quality (high 30s-low 40s nut count) 50-52% meat yield 235-240, 48-54% meat yield 206-230
- Stuart (deliveries light) export quality 47-48% meat yield 180-200 44-45% meat yield 160-175
- Sumner (deliveries light) 52-53% meat yield 215-225