The University of Minnesota will be hosting a field tour on Monday, October 21st at the Rosemount Research and Outreach Center (RROC) for cover crops, integrated weed management, robots, and beyond. Farmers, ag professionals, government agency personnel and the public are invited to attend.
The University of Minnesota, Forever Green Agricultural Initiative (FGAI) and Rowbot are sponsoring the research field tour and demonstration that will include:
- An overview of the Forever Green Agricultural Initiative.
- PRE and POST emergence herbicide options for cover crops in a corn and soybean production system.
- Cover crop establishment methods utilizing robots within corn production systems.
- New crops, and new opportunities: A discussion on supply chains and potential of enhanced profitability.
Field tour details
- When: Monday, October 21, 12:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Where: Rosemount Research and Outreach Center located at 16085 Alverno Ave, Rosemount, MN 55068
- Registration and cost: Registration is free, but pre-registration is requested to secure a seat on the bus and to plan for box lunches. Registration will be capped at 25 on a first come, first serve basis. Reserve your spot online here or contact Larisa Jenrich at 651-480-7732 or email@example.com.
The workshop begins with registration at the main office at 11:30 p.m. A box lunch will be provided for the first 25 attendees. We will load the bus and head out to the field at 12:00 p.m. We will load the bus to return to the station main office no later than 3:00 p.m.The goal of this University of Minnesota and Forever Green Agricultural Initiative program is to develop both annual and perennial cropping systems that improve the sustainability of Upper Midwestern agricultural production systems.