A cotton and grain risk management marketing workshop is scheduled for Thursday, Oct. 17 at the Wharton County Fairgrounds in Crescent, Texas. The Wharton County Fairgrounds is located at 6036 FM 961 Rd. Registration begins at 8 a.m. Our first presentation will begin at 8:30 a.m.
The workshop is sponsored by the Wharton County AgriLife Extension Office and the Wharton County Row Crops Committee.
“This is an excellent opportunity to be briefed on the need for budgeting, decision tools, outlook and making marketing plans for the next crop year,” said Mac Young, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service program specialist, Corpus Christi.
The following is a schedule of speakers and topics:
- Budgeting and Decision Tools, Mac Young.
- Cotton Outlook, Dr. John Robinson, AgriLife Extension Cotton Marketing Economist.
- Grain Outlook, Dr. Mark Welch, Extension Economist – Grain Marketing.
- Marketing Strategies, Robinson and Welch.
- ‘What If” Scenarios, Discussion and Questions, Robinson and Welch
The workshop will conclude at 12:00 p.m. with a meal. Please RSVP by calling Stacey at 979-532-3310 by 12 noon on Wednesday, October 16th.