The Blount County Cotton and Peanut Field Day hosted at Jimmy and Lance Miller’s farm at 936 Miller Road, Boaz (closer to Snead, directions below) will be Thursday, August 22 starting at 5 pm. Excellent opportunity to see Alabama Extension specialists’ on-farm trials. Below is the schedule:
- 5:00 Meal (steak sandwich dinner will be sponsored by AGRI-AFC)
- Welcome: Field Day Host Lance Miller and Blount County Extension Coordinator Dan Porch
- Kris Balkcom, Alabama Extension Peanut Specialist- On-Farm Peanut Variety Trial
- Dr. Steve Brown, Alabama Extension Cotton Specialist and Tyler Sandlin, Alabama Extension Crop Specialist- On-Farm Cotton Variety Trial
- Dr. Austin Hagan, Alabama Extension Pathologist- Cotton Leafroll Dwarf Virus Update
- Dr. Steve Li, Alabama Extension Weed Scientist- On-Farm Cotton and Peanut Weed Control Trials
- Eddie McGriff, Alabama Extension Regional Agent and Dr. Audrey Gamble, Alabama Extension Fertility Specialist- On-Farm Cotton Fertility Trial
- Dr. Ron Smith, Alabama Extension Entomologist- Cotton Insect Update and Cotton Thrips Predicator Model Trial
Please call or e-mail Eddie McGriff at Dem0029@auburn.edu or 256-737-9386; or Lance Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or 256-572-9071 if you plan on attending so we can get a head count for the meal.
Directions to Millers’ Farm:
From Snead Crossroads, take Hwy 75 North about 2 miles.
Turn right on Co. Rd 21 East.
Go about 1.5 miles and take the 2nd left onto Irvin Lane.
Go to the first crossroads and turn left on Miller Road.
The event will be in the green shop building on the right.