The annual LSU AgCenter sweet potato field day is set for Aug. 22 at Black Gold Farms headquarters at 2305 La. Highway 17 in Delhi.
“This field day offers a unique opportunity to collaborate with our industry and tour an on-farm site to address the latest in sweet potato production and marketing research,” said AgCenter Sweet Potato Research Station coordinator Tara Smith.
Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. followed by field tours at 9 a.m. The program will conclude at noon with a sponsored lunch.
Presentations will include:
- Advanced sweet potato breeding lines for the industry.
- Validation of sweet potato slip priming, transplant establishment and precision agriculture approaches at scale.
- Guava root knot nematode survey update.
- Insect management strategies.
- Utility of Reflex herbicide in sweet potato production.
- Sweet potato disease research update.
- Sweet potato consumer and market research.
General industry updates and U.S. Sweet Potato Council updates will also be featured.