The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service will be holding the McCulloch County Ag Production Workshop June 19 at the Heart of Texas Events Center at 804 San Angelo Highway in Brady.
The workshop is sponsored by Texas Farm Bureau of McCulloch County, and will run from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m.
The cost is $20 in advance or $25 at the door. Participants must RSVP by June 14 to the AgriLife extension office at 325-597-1295. Three general Texas Department of Agriculture continuing education units will be offered.
“We hope folks will take advantage of this opportunity and join us for our ag workshop,” said Justin Klinksiek, AgriLife Extension agent for McCulloch County. “We have a great lineup of speakers as well as outdoor demonstrations. It should make for a fun and informative day.”
Topics and speakers include:
- Laws and Regulations – Cory Pence,Texas Department of Agriculture, Fort Stockton.
- Nozzle Spraying Demo – James Jackson, AgriLife Extension ecosystem science and management specialist, Stephenville.
- Equipment Demonstration – Quality Implement Co., Brady.
- Cattle Marketing – Bill Thompson, AgriLife Extension economist, San Angelo.
- Proper Branding and Livestock Identification – H.D. Brittain, Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association special ranger, Christoval.
Lunch is sponsored by Jeff Bedwell, Central Texas Farm Credit, and will be catered by Boondocks.