The Market Facilitation Program (MFP) provides direct payments to help corn, cotton, sorghum, soybean, wheat, dairy, hog, shelled almonds and fresh sweet cherries producers who have been directly impacted by illegal retaliatory tariffs, resulting in the loss of traditional exports.
The MFP application period closed on February 14, 2019. However, producers that applied by the February 14 deadline have until May 1 to submit production evidence such as scale tickets and combine monitor printouts.
The Market Facilitation Program payment rates by commodity:
- Soybeans at $1.65 per bushel
- Sorghum at $0.86 per bushel
- Wheat at $0.14 per bushel
- Cotton at $0.06 per pound*
- Corn at $0.01 per bushel
- Dairy at $0.12 per cwt**
- UPDATED: Hogs at $8.00 per head***
- Shelled Almonds at $0.03 per pound
- Fresh Sweet Cherries at $0.16 per pound
Note that Market Facilitation Program payments are capped per person or legal entity at:
- $125,000 for dairy production and hogs combined
- $125,000 for corn, cotton, sorghum, soybeans, and wheat combined
- $125,000 for shelled almonds and fresh sweet cherries combined
Additional information on the MFP program can be found here or by contacting your local county FSA office.