Barchart, a leading provider of commodity data and workflow solutions, has released a free whitepaper that explains how grain buyers and sellers can potentially earn more money from their grain by using basis index values to identify profit opportunities.
Readers of the free 18-page whitepaper will be equipped to understand how changes and trends in basis can potentially help users buy grain cheaper, sell grain for more, optimize hedging, make better lending decisions, and generate higher profits.
“Our report outlines real-life examples of how agribusinesses and trading operations can quickly identify abnormally strong or weak basis conditions – and presents specific grain marketing strategies that users can employ to increase their profits,” said Barchart’s Head of Strategy Keith Petersen. “Additionally we provide users with a framework to leverage our cmdty Grain Basis Indexes to build predictive pricing models for grain basis.”
The indexes outlined within the whitepaper represents the first benchmark data offering launched by cmdty, Barchart’s growing product line focused on facilitating workflows for commodity trading. These indexes sit alongside, and within the flagship cmdtyView market data platform – which is the only platform with access to streaming news from cmdtyNewswires, best-in-class fundamental and economic data from cmdtyStats , and Barchart’s proprietary cash grain data.
Specific user types that can benefit from cmdty Grain Price Indexes include:
- Producers: Learn to build historical seasonality models and quickly understand where pricing opportunities exist to get the best rates for your crop.
- Grain Buyers: Identify opportunities to profit from better information on cash and forward markets. Build best practices and capabilities that scale with the size of your operation.
- Market Advisory Services: Build highly scalable models to quickly automate the discovery of client recommendations for grain marketing.
- Ag Lenders: Decrease loan losses by using better information to guide decisions, and provide more transparency to your producers with objective reference prices.
- Processors: Quickly see where grain is under/over priced by region and delivery window with real-time forward curves and make better sourcing decisions.
- Trading Houses: Identify arbitrage opportunities across your grain buying/transportation network, and make decisions faster than ever before.
- Food Companies: Forecast demand, understand price, de-risk your supply chain, and ensure that you’re always getting a fair value with our objective pricing.