The San Joaquin Valley Weed Science Day at the Westside Research and Extension Center is set for Thursday, April 11, starting at 8 a.m. and running until 12:15 p.m. The center is located at 17353 West Oakland Avenue, Five Points.
Concurrent sessions will cover weed identification and spray drift management. Attendees will be split into two groups and will rotate between the sessions at 45-minute intervals.
- Identification of Common Weeds of Agricultural Cropping Systems and Non-Crop areas of the Southern San Joaquin Valley.
- Nozzle Selection and Proper Use and Spray Drift Management.
- The Biology and Management of Alkaliweed.
- Managing tough weeds in the right-of-way (ROW), landscape and other non-crop sites.
- Pre- and Post-Herbicide Performance on Threespike Goosegrass in Tree Nut Orchards.
- Breaking Bindweed: What Controls the Species and What Doesn’t Work.
The meeting is free.
Call the UCCE Merced County office at 209-385-7403 to register. Space is limited, and organizers stress the need to register early.
Please contact Lynn Sosnoskie at email@example.com if you have any questions about the program.
Application has been made for 3.5 CDPR continuing education credits.