Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service’s Reagan County Ag Day will take place March 26 from 8:30 a.m.-3 p.m. in Big Lake.
Registration will start at 8 a.m. The event will be at the Reagan County Extension Office, 1430 North Ohio Ave. RSVP by March 22 to 325-884-2335. The $10 fee also may be paid at the door.
Three Texas Department of Agriculture continuing education units are available — two general and one laws and regulations.
“This is a great opportunity for folks to come out and learn about the latest agriculture news and laws from experts,” said Melissa Holt, AgriLife Extension, Reagan County. “We’ve got a great lineup of speakers this year on a wide range of topics.”
Sable Permian Resources will sponsor the catered lunch. Coffee and donuts will be provided in the morning. There will be exhibitor booths and door prizes.
Topics and speakers will include:
- Rangeland management – Dr. Morgan Treadwell, AgriLife Extension range specialist, San Angelo.
- Agricultural law – Joe Will Ross, attorney, San Angelo.
- Cattle market outlook – Bill Thompson, AgriLife Extension economist, San Angelo.
- Rainwater simulator – Cliff Kinnibrugh, NRCS Zone 2 conservation agronomist and Amanda Bragg, NRCS Zone 2 resource soil scientist, San Angelo.
- Natural Resources Conservation Service updates – Russ Vanicek, NRCS rangeland manager, Gonzales.
- Farm Service Agency updates – Jed Hruska, Reagan-Upton-Irion-Crockett County FSA executive director, Big Lake.
- Wildlife management by air- Heath Holt, Reagan County ag producer, Big Lake.
- Wildlife management by ground – Bobby Covington, USDA Wildlife Service, Rankin.
Advance payments may be mailed to P.O. Box 945 Big Lake, TX 76932.