Hank Reichle, a cooperative official from Greenwood, Miss., will serve as president of Cotton Council International (CCI) for 2019. He and other CCI officers were elected at CCI’s board meeting during the National Cotton Council’s (NCC) 2019 Annual Meeting held February 8-10 in San Antonio, Texas. CCI is the NCC’s export promotion arm and carries out programs in more than 50 countries globally under the COTTON USA trademark.
“I think that the character of the U.S. cotton industry is very strong,” Reichle said. “The integrity across the industry is strong. We have an excellent product. It’s contamination controlled. You get bale by bale classing data, and it’s shipped to you by companies that care about their customers. U.S. cotton is the cotton you can trust to make your business successful.”
Reichle, who moves up from CCI first vice president, succeeds Ted Schneider, a producer from Lake Providence, La., who becomes CCI board chairman. Reichle is president and CEO of Staplcotn, headquartered in Greenwood, Mississippi. Staplcotn is the oldest U.S. cotton marketing cooperative, marketing approximately 3 million bales of cotton annually. A Mississippi native, Reichle holds a B.A. degree in accountancy from the University of Mississippi and is involved with several community organizations outside of the cotton industry including the Greenwood-Leflore Chamber of Commerce and Greenwood Utilities. Reichle also is active in his local church and other civic organizations.
Other 2019 CCI officers elected include: first vice president, Richard L. (Ricky) Clarke, III, merchant, Cordova, Tenn.; second vice president, Ted Sheely, producer, Lemoore, Calif.; and treasurer, Carlos C. Garcia, cooperative official, Lubbock, Texas. In addition, Gary Adams, Cordova, Tenn., was elected as secretary and Bruce Atherley, Washington, D.C., was elected as assistant secretary.
Elected as 2019 CCI directors were: William Barksdale, a merchant from Cordova, Tenn.; and cooperative officials Carlo Bocardo of Bakersfield, Calif., and Donald Robinson of Garner, North Carolina.
Re-elected as 2019 CCI directors were:
- PRODUCERS – Aaron A. Barcellos, Los Banos, Calif.; J. Lee Cromley, Brooklet, Ga.; Richard Gaona, Roby, Texas; Craig A. Heinrich, Lubbock, Texas; Matthew R. (Matt) Hyneman, Jonesboro, Ark.; Paul (Paco) Ollerton, Casa Grande, Ariz.; and Taylor Slade, Williamston, N.C.;
- GINNERS – Kent D. Fountain, Surrency, Ga.; and Curtis H. Stewart, Spade, Texas;
- MERCHANTS – Philip R. (Phil) Bogel, II, Dallas, Texas; Steven (Steve) Dyer, Cordova, Tenn.; Tim G. North, Dallas, Texas; and Ernst D. (Ernie) Schroeder, Jr., Bakersfield, Calif.;
- COOPERATIVE OFFICIAL – Frederick Barrier, Greenwood, Miss.;
- COTTONSEED HANDLER – James C. Massey, Harlingen, Texas;
- WAREHOUSEMAN – Vance C. Shoaf, Milan, Tenn.; and
- MANUFACTURERS – Robin Perkins, Sanford, N.C.; and Davis Warlick, Charlotte, North Carolina.