The Purdue Crop Marketing and Farm Finance Workshop, featuring faculty experts from Purdue’s Center for Commercial Agriculture, will take place in eight locations across the state Feb. 7-March 8.
“These workshops are focused on helping farmers improve their profitability in 2019,” said James Mintert, director of Purdue University’s Center for Commercial Agriculture. “The workshops, which will be conducted by myself, Michael Langemeier and Nathan Thompson from the center, will provide farmers an opportunity to improve their crop marketing and financial management skill sets.”
There are two sessions at each workshop, one titled “Improving Your Crop Marketing Skills” and a second session entitled “Preparing to Meet with Your Ag Lender.”
Registration for the workshop is free, but you must preregister. Registration is available online at purdue.ag/workshop or you can register via phone at 765-494-7004.
The workshops are sponsored by Purdue University’s Center for Commercial Agriculture and Purdue Extension. For more information about the workshops, contact Sarah Zahn at firstname.lastname@example.org, 765-494-7004, or visit the Center for Commercial Agriculture’s website here.
Workshop dates and locations
- Feb. 7 at Huntington County Fairgrounds – 1 p.m., 631 E. Taylor St., Huntington.
- Feb. 8 at the Marshall County Building – 8:30 a.m., 112 W. Jefferson St., Room 304, Plymouth. Includes a continental breakfast beginning at 8:30 a.m. Workshop to follow.
- Feb. 14 at Clay Co Fairgrounds – 10 a.m., 6656 N. SR 59, Brazil.
- Feb. 15 at Madison Co Fairgounds – 9 a.m., 512 E. 4th St., Alexandria.
- Feb. 18 at Tipton Co Extension Office – 9 a.m., 1200 S. Main St., Tipton.
- Feb. 21 at Vincennes U Gibson Co Ctr – 6 p.m. (CST), 8100 U.S. 41, Fort Branch.
- Feb. 22 at Spencer Co Youth & Cmty Ctr – 7:30 a.m. (CST), 1101 E. CR 800 N., Chrisney.
- March 8 at Brookville Public Library – 9:30 a.m., 919 Main St., Brookville.