The 49th Quad-County Walnut Institute is set for Tuesday, February 5, at the Harvest Hall, 3800 Cornucopia Way, in Modesto. Registration starts at 7:30 a.m.
- Laws and regulations.
- An update from the California Walnut Commission.
- Training walnuts during canopy development.
- Botryosphaeria, phomopsis and anthracnose management in Wwalnuts.
- Dealing with plant-parasitic nematodes.
- Research updates on navel orangeworm, walnut husk fly and Pacific flathead borer.
- Orchard weed management update.
The event offers 1.5 Hours of DPR Continuing Education Credits. CCA hours are pending.