The Last Chance CEU Training Course is set for Jan. 22 at the Texas A&M AgriLife Research and Extension Center, 7887 U.S. Highway 87 North, San Angelo.
The program will feature a number of topics covering integrated pest management, or IPM, trees and landscape diseases, pesticide laws and regulations, and drift minimization and calibration. Five Texas Department of Agriculture continuing education units will be offered: two general, one integrated pest management, one laws and regulations, one drift management.
Registration begins at 12:30 p.m. and cost is $25. The program will begin at 1 p.m.
The following are topics and speakers:
- Integrated Pest Management, Best Management Practices, Pest Control and Integrating Pollinator Protection, Dr. Charles Allen, AgriLife Extension IPM specialist, San Angelo.
- Tree and Landscape Diseases, Allison Watkins, AgriLife Extension horticulture agent, Tom Green County.
- Pesticide Laws and Regulations, Cory Pence, Texas Department of Agriculture representative.
- Weed Management Updates, Dr. Regan Noland, AgriLife Extension agronomist, San Angelo.
- Drift Minimization and Equipment Calibration, Dr. Billy Warrick, retired AgriLife Extension agronomist.
For more information and to RSVP, contact the AgriLife Extension office in Tom Green County at 325-659-6522 or 325-659-6523.