The Texas High Plains Grain Elevator Workshop will be held Jan. 24 at the Texas A&M AgriLife Research and Extension Center, 6500 W. Amarillo Blvd. in Amarillo, according to a Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service specialist.
The meeting is set for 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Registration is $40 at the door, and checks should be made payable to Tri-State Chapter of GEAPS. For more information or registration, please call or email Ronda Fisher, 806-677-5600, email@example.com.
The program is jointly sponsored by AgriLife Extension and the Tri-State Chapter of Grain Elevator and Processing Society.
Program topics and speakers include:
- Labeling and Developing a Fumigation Management Plan / Q&A, Ward Stockamp, Central State Fumigation and Services human resources and safety director, Salina, Kansas.
- Integrated Pest Management: Systems Approach for Quality / Q&A, Dr. Carol Jones, Oklahoma State University agricultural engineer, Stillwater, Oklahoma.
- Current Concepts in Grain Fumigation, Stockamp.
- Everything You Need to Know About Keeping Pesticide Applicator Records, Levon Harman, retired Texas Department of Agriculture inspector, Tulia.
- Resources Overview for Grain Managers and Producers, Jones.
Five continuing education units by the Texas Department of Agriculture for commercial, non-commercial and private applicator licensees will be offered in the areas of general, integrated pest management and laws and regulations.