The annual Armstrong County Fall Producers Meeting sponsored by the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service will be held Dec. 11 in the Armstrong County Activities Building, 901 Hurley Ave. in Claude.
Registration begins at 8:30 a.m., and the program will be from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The cost will be $10 and includes lunch. Those planning to attend are asked to contact the AgriLife Extension office for Armstrong County at 806-226-3021 by Dec. 7.
“We like to bring in our AgriLife Extension specialists every year and let them update our local producers on different commodities and issues,” said Derek Williamson, AgriLife Extension agriculture and natural resources agent for Armstrong County.
There will be five Texas Department of Agriculture continuing education units offered – three general, one integrated pest management and one laws and regulations.
Topics and AgriLife Extension speakers will be:
- Crop market outlook, DeDe Jones, risk management program specialist, Amarillo.
- Cotton bollworm update, Dr. Ed Bynum, entomologist, Amarillo.
- Weed control in feed grains, Dr. Jourdan Bell, agronomist, Amarillo.
- Grazing management in drought conditions, Dr. Tim Steffens, range management specialist, Canyon.
- TDA laws and regulations, Williamson.
For more information, contact Williamson at 806-226-3021, firstname.lastname@example.org.