The weather forecast throughout the state shows mild temps with daytime highs in the high 60s-70s and evening lows in the high 50s to mid 60s for today through Thursday. Rain is expected daily.
Some lots of Pawnee and Stuart came onto the market this week and offers were turned down, an indication that some growers are withholding their pecans until the market settles in their favor or will put them into cold storage for later sales.
Offerings of small lots of Stuart Blends with 46-52% meat yield sold in a range of about $3.42-3.93 mostly $3.73-3.75 per point. Desirable Blends with 46-54% meat yield sold in a range of about $3.34-3.90 per point. Other small lots of Blends with 55% meat yield sold in a range of about $3.58-3.74 per point. Large lots of Blends with Stuart/Schley and 46-52% meat yield sold in a range of about $3.74-4.00 per point. Lots of Desirable Blends with 46% meat yield sold for $3.97-4.00 per point.
The retail gift pack business and the domestic trade is fairly active, but with offerings light they are purchasing from other areas to fill orders until the volume increases. The export trade is expected to increase, but is slow to materialize.
Prices paid to growers (late afternoon November 1, 2018 thru late afternoon November 6, 2018) at buyers delivery point or F.O.B. the orchard including direct sales to end users, cents per pound in-shell of generally good quality in lots of 20,000 pounds or less unless otherwise stated.
- Creek (deliveries light) 53% meat yield 216
- Desirables 48-54% meat yield 178-194, yard tree lots 120-150 occasional higher
- Elliott 56% meat yield 201, yard tree lots 115-125
- Excel (deliveries very light) 53% meat yield 201
- Moneymaker (deliveries very light) yard tree lots 80-100
- Pawnee (deliveries very light) 60% meat yield 225
- Schley yard tree lots 150
- Seedlings (deliveries very light) yard tree lots 75-80
- Stuart (deliveries very light) (53-56 nut count) 43% meat yield 161, yard tree lots 125
Lots over 20,000 pounds: (including trailer loads)
- Desirables (deliveries light) 51-52% meat yield 223-241
- Creek (deliveries very light) 52-53% meat yield 216
- Elliott (62-73 nut count) 55% meat yield 222
- Excel (deliveries very light) 52-53% meat yield 211-217
- Stuart (deliveries light) 48% meat yield 180