Iowa State University (ISU) Extension and Outreach will host its annual Pro-Ag Outlook and Management Meetings on Dec. 12 at Sheldon and Storm Lake.
At each meeting, ISU Extension and Outreach will offer valuable, research-based information key to best-outcome 2019 agricultural operating decisions. The programs are designed to help farmers, ag businesses and ag lenders plan ahead for the upcoming growing and marketing season.
“As the year and harvest come to a close, producers, ag lenders and suppliers are planning ahead for next year,” said Gary Wright, Farm Management Specialist with ISU Extension and Outreach. “The Pro Ag Forums provide key information about grain price outlooks, livestock prices and margins, global factors to watch, and farmland operating margins and trends.”
The Pro Ag Forums will feature:
- Dr. Chad Hart speaking on the grain market situation, global demand and key factors going into 2019 to help producers market their grain;
- Dr. Alejandro Plastina discussing the Iowa farm profitability outlook, the drivers of liquidity and solvency changes, and what successful farms are doing different;
- Dr. Lee Schulz providing insight into the livestock marketing situation, including prices, supplies, domestic demand, exports, and more, as well as an outlook for the future.
There will be two forums held on Dec. 12. Individuals can choose their preferred time and location, and register accordingly.
- The morning meeting will be hosted from 9:00 a.m. to noon at Northwest Iowa Community College Building A, Room 117 in Sheldon. At-the-door registration will begin at 8:30 a.m. To register, call 712-957-5045.
- The afternoon session will be from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Prairie Lakes AEA in Storm Lake. At-the-door registration will begin at 1:30 p.m. To register, call 712-732-5056.
Registration fee for both locations is $20 for those who pre-register and $25 for at-the-door registrations.
For more information, contact Gary Wright at 712-223-1574 or email@example.com.