Rain has created issues with getting started for most growers and harvest is expected to begin today. Mild temperatures for today through Wednesday and a cooling trend on Thursday with evening temperatures in the 40s and more rain is expected.
It may be a short crop this year. Very light offerings coming in at the door and growers are just now collecting and gathering the pecans for grading and testing for sales at a later time.
Prices paid to growers (late afternoon October 25, 2018 thru late afternoon October 30, 2018) at buyers delivery point or F.O.B. the orchard including direct sales to end users, cents per pound in-shell of generally good quality in lots of 20,000 pounds or less unless otherwise stated.
- Candy (deliveries very light) yard tree lots 70 occasional higher
- Desirables (deliveries very light) 48% or better meat yield 175 occasional high as 200
- Native/Seedlings (deliveries very light) yard tree lots 60-70
- Elliott (deliveries very light) yard tree lots 90-100
- Stuart (deliveries very light) yard tree lots 80-100