The annual Florida Pecan Field Day and Florida Pecan Growers Association Annual Meeting will be held on September 13, 2018 at the Jefferson County Extension Office, 2729 W. Washington Hwy, Monticello, FL. Registration begins at 8:30 AM EDT and the program will begin at 9:00.
Topics to be discussed include: insect and disease management, herbicide use, crop production, fertility, and variety updates. Florida and Georgia pesticide CEUs will be available at registration.
This event is free for Florida Pecan Growers Association members, and $10 for non-members. Everyone is asked to register so we have an accurate count for lunch. You can do so by calling the Jefferson County Extension Office at 850-342-0187 or by emailing Danielle Sprague.
Download the printer friendly flyer to serve as a reminder or to share with other growers: 2018 Pecan Field Day Flyer
Schedule (Eastern Time)
- 8:30 – Registration & CEU Sign-in
- 9:00 – Welcome – Danielle Sprague, UF/IFAS Extension, Jefferson County
- 9:05 – Best Management Practices and Cost-Share Opportunities – Dr. Andrea Albertin, UF/IFAS North Florida REC
- 9:30 – Weed Management in Pecan Orchards – Dr. Peter Dittmar, UF/IFAS Weed Specialist
- 9:55 – Pecan Nutrition and Fertilization– Dr. Lenny Wells, UGA Pecan Extension Specialist
- 10:25 – Break, refreshments
- 10:35 – Pecan Scab Management – Dr. Clive Bock, USDA ARS Plant Pathologist
- 11:00 – Management of Common and Occasional Pests of Pecan – Dr. Ted Cottrell, USDA ARS Pecan Entomologist
- 11:25 – Managing Pecan Disease with Variety Selection – Dr. Patrick Conner, UGA
- 12:00 – Sponsored Lunch
- 12:45 – Annual Meeting, Florida Pecan Growers Association