Weed management has changed dramatically in recent years with herbicide resistant weeds, new herbicide technologies and challenging weather conditions.
How do we develop resilient strategies to deal with all of the different challenges? The 2018 Corn and Soybean Weed Management Tour will highlight ongoing research that addresses these challenges and introduces new ideas for crop producers and Ag Professionals on Tuesday, July 3.
The event will begin at the Heintz Center Atrium in Rochester, MN with registration at 8:30 a.m. followed by a 9:00 a.m. program and research plot tours from approximately 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Weed management topics will be presented by U of MN Extension weed scientists, IPM specialists and educators:
AgFax Weed Solutions
- Waterhemp management options
- Preemergence, postemergence, cultivation, layered residual herbicides (all in one plot)
- Dissecting corn and soybean herbicide products
- A chance to look at the components of multiple corn and soybean herbicide products
- Learn what each component brings to the table and where weaknesses exist
- New herbicide technologies
- Corn and Soybean weed management programs
- Soybean herbicide programs in LibertyLink® and Roundup Ready 2 Xtend® systems
- New Technologies for weed control – HPPD soybean and Enlist Duo® soybean
- What are temperature inversions?
- Learn about the impact temperature inversions can have on off target movement
- See preliminary data on the occurrence and frequency of inversions in MN
- Using cover crops with preemergence herbicides
- Controlling volunteer corn in soybean
- Using Enlist and Xtend soybeans for managing volunteer alfalfa
West Central Distribution is generously sponsoring the 2018 Corn and Soybean Weed Management Tour. There is no cost to attend and the event will be held rain or shine. For a view of the full campus, see RCTC Campus map.
Contact: Ryan Miller (507-529-2759), Lisa Behnken (507-280-2867), or Mary Jane Stearns (507- 536-6310) at Rochester Regional Office for more information.