The Southwest Louisiana Rice Field Day will be held on Wednesday, May 30, 2018. We will start at 8:00 am with a light breakfast sponsored by the Jeff Davis Chamber of Commerce. The program will begin at 8:30 am.
This year the field day will be held at a new location south of Iowa. It will be held at Powell Farm Partner’s field at the corner of McCown and David Roads.
Directions are as follows: Take S. Thompson Ave. out of Iowa 1 mile south to McCown Road. Take a right on McCown Road and travel approximately 3 miles to David Road. Enter off of David Road to plots. Field is on west side of David Road and north of McCown Road.
Several LSU AgCenter experts will make presentations including:
- Dr. Dustin Harrell – state rice specialist
- Dr. Adam Famoso – rice breeder
- Dr. Eric Webster – rice weed specialist
- Dr. Don Groth – rice pathologist
- Dr. Blake Wilson – rice entomologist
- Dr. Todd Spivey – state soybean specialist
We look forward to seeing you all at the SWLA Rice Field Day!