The Nickels Soil Lab will host a field day covering almond and walnut nutrient and water management topics.
The event is set for Tuesday, March 13, at the Arbuckle facility. It will start at 8:30 and conclude with lunch.
The program includes both presentations and a series of rotating stations that will focus on:
- Barriers to adopting new practices.
- Nitrogen management plans.
- Managing boron in irrigation water.
- Forward tissue sampling and overview of best management practices trials to manage N and water.
- Tools for irrigation efficiency and timing.
- Related online tools.
- An overview from the Almond Board of California and an update on the almond sustainability program.
- Water and nitrogen management for integrated hull rot management.
The field day is jointly sponsored by UC Cooperative Extension, UC Davis, CDFA-FREP and the Almond Board of California. CCA continuing education units have been requested.
Lunch will be served. Attendees are asked to RSVP by email at email@example.com or by calling 530-458-0570.