Six pesticide application workshops are scheduled between Feb. 27 and March 8, to prep farmers for the 2018 growing season.
The workshops will be led by Jason Davis, extension application technologist for the University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture. There’s no cost to attend and three hours of CCA credit will be available.
Contact Jason Davis by phone at (501)749-2077 or email at email@example.com. Registration at each workshop opens at 8:30 and the workshop will conclude with lunch.
“Producers and applicators alike are encouraged to attend to gain valuable information on how to be more productive and efficient in the field,” Davis said.
- 27 – Men’s Center in McGehee
- 28 – Rice Research and Extension Center in Stuttgart
- March 1 – Brinkley Community Center in Brinkley
- March 6 – Arkansas State University-Newport in Newport
- March 7 – Greene County Fairgrounds in Paragould
- March 8 – Manila Municipal Airport in Manila.
The workshops will cover:
- Update and discussion on new regulations
- Primary and Secondary Movement of Pesticides
- Variables impacting Pesticide Volatility
- Changes to Worker Protection Standards
- Temperature Inversions: When to Spray
- Tank Clean-Out Techniques and Innovations
- Multiple spray table nozzle demonstrations
“As in years past, we will be conducting free nozzle tests,” Davis said. “Producers should bring three to five nozzles and caps from their equipment to be analyzed for percentage. This valuable testing has the potential to save a producer thousands of dollars in the upcoming spray season.”