The Winter Almond Meeting for Colusa, Sutter and Yuba Counties is set for February 7 at the Stagehands Theatre at the Colusa County Fairgrounds in Colusa.
Registration starts at 9 a.m.
Topics and speakers include:
- From consumer demands to increasing regulations – our changing landscape and potential solutions, Spencer Cooper, Almond Board of California.
- Almond varieties update, Luke Milliron, UCCE Orchard Systems Advisor; Glenn, Tehama, Butte Counties.
- Almond weed management, Mariano Galla, UCCE Agronomy and Weed Science Advisor, Glenn, Tehama and Butte Counties
- Bloom and early spring diseases of almond, Dr. Jim Adaskeveg, Professor, Department of Plant Pathology and Microbiology, UC Riverside.
- Laws and Regulations Update, Jack DeWit, Ag Biologist, Colusa County Ag Commissioner’s staff.
- Potassium nutrition in almonds, Franz Niederholzer, UCCE Farm Advisor, Colusa, Sutter and Yuba Counties.
- 2.0 hours of PCA CE (0.5 hr Laws/Regs & 1.5 hrs Other) approved.
- 3 hours of CCA CE (0.5 hour Nutrient Management, 0.5 hour Soil and Water Management, 1.5 hr IPM, 0.5 Crop Management) requested.