Farmers from across the Florida Panhandle, as well as southern Alabama and Georgia are invited to attend the 2018 Panhandle Row Crop Short Course to be held on Thursday, March 1, 2018.
The meeting will be hosted by Jackson County Extension at the Jackson County Agriculture Conference Center, 2741 Penn Ave., Marianna, FL. Registration and the trade show will begin at 7:15 AM (Central) with the meeting starting at 7:45 AM and concluding at 12:30 with a sponsored lunch.
The Panhandle Row Crop Short Course is an educational program provided by the UF/IFAS Panhandle Ag Extension Team. Topics to be addressed by speakers include peanut and cotton variety performance, pest management (weed, insect, nematode, and disease), fertility management, and the crop market outlook.
Schedule of Events: (Central Time)
- 7:15–Trade Show & Registration Opens
- 7:50–Florida Peanut Producers Report-Ken Barton, Executive Director
- 8:00–Peanut Variety Selection-Barry Tillman, UF/IFAS Peanut Breeder
- 8:30–Cotton Variety Performance-Ethan Carter/David Wright UF/IFAS
- 9:00–Nematode Management-Zane Grabau, UF/IFAS Nematologist
- 9:30–Crop Disease Management-Nick Dufault–UF/IFAS Crop Pathologist
- 10:00–Trade Show & Snack Break
- 10:30–Herbicide Use/Weed Management-Steve Li, Auburn Weed Specialist
- 11:00–Crop Market Outlook-Adam Rabinowitz, UGA Economist
- 11:30–Caterpillars in Crops-Silvana Moraes,UF/IFASEntomologist
- 12:00–Early Season Fertility-Michael Mulvaney, UF/IFAS Agronomist
- 12:30–Sponsored Lunch
Download the printer friendly flyer for more details: Row Crop Short Course Flyer
Florida Pesticide and Certified Crop Advisor CEUs will be available at the meeting.
Florida RUP applicators can earn up to 3 CEUs from the following approved categories: Core (1), Private Applicator (2), Row Crop (2), Aerial (1), and Demonstration and Research (1). Georgia and Alabama pesticide CEUs have also been requested.
For more information on the Crop Meeting, or to help sponsor the event, contact Sabrina Farr, at 850-482-9620.