The Texas High Plains Grain Elevator Workshop will be Feb. 15 at the Texas A&M AgriLife Research and Extension Center, 6500 W. Amarillo Blvd. in Amarillo.
Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m., with the program from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The program is sponsored by the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service and the Tri-State Chapter of the Grain Elevator and Processing Society.
Registration is $40 and an RSVP is requested by Feb. 12 to Ronda Fisher at 806-677-5600 or email@example.com for planning purposes. Payment is due upon arrival.
Program topics and speakers include:
- Integrated Pest Management Advantages, Dr. Carol Jones, Oklahoma State University agricultural engineer, Stillwater, Oklahoma.
- Update on the EPA Worker Protection Program, Glen Walkup, Compliance Plus LLC, Amarillo.
- Equipment Safety, Mike Morgan, M&M Specialty Services, Leavenworth, Kansas.
- Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Records, Levon Harman, Texas Department of Agriculture retired inspector, Tulia.
- Fumonisin and Corn Production on the Texas High Plains, Dr. Jourdan Bell, AgriLife Extension agronomist, Amarillo.
Continuing education units from TDA for commercial, non-commercial and private applicators are pending.
For more information, contact Fisher.