Recently, EPA reached an agreement with Monsanto, BASF, and DuPont concerning dicamba drift minimization of recently labeled dicamba products to nearby crops. Due to these recent EPA label changes for dicamba products labeled for use in XtendFlex cotton, mandatory trainings are being required for all applicators.
These trainings are required for all applicators who apply XtendiMax, FeXapan and Engenia herbicides in dicamba tolerant cotton and soybeans in 2018.
The Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food and Forestry (ODAFF) is working with the Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service to meet these new EPA training requirements. Reciprocal agreements have been reached with the Texas Department of Agriculture and Kansas Department of Agriculture, so trainings certified by ODAFF will also be honored in those states and vice versa.
In response to this need, dicamba product training will be provided at multiple locations across the state of Oklahoma over the next few months, in anticipation of allowing all applicators to obtain the EPA required certification prior to use in 2018.
The following producer meetings will include dicamba certification training which meets EPA requirements for 2018. No fees are associated with these trainings. Currently, trainings will be offered at the following upcoming Extension meetings:
AgFax Weed Solutions
- January 17th Altus – Western Oklahoma State College Pioneer Heritage Center 4:30-5:30 p.m. (Following the Red Rivers Crop Conference that is scheduled from 8:15 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.)
- February 7th Shawnee – Grand Casino Hotel and Resort 2:00-4:00 p.m. (Following the No-Till Oklahoma Conference on February 7th – no fee to attend the dicamba training)
- February 9th Cordell – Washita County Activity Center 11:00-12:00 p.m. (Cotton Production Updates 9-11 a.m.)
- February 13th Enid – Chisholm Trail Expo Center 1:00-2:00 p.m. (Following the North Central Summer Crops Conference 8:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.)
- February 15th Blackwell – Blackwell Fairgrounds 12:00-3:00 p.m.
- March 6th Carnegie – Location and time to be determined
- Coweta/Muskogee – Date, time, and location to be determined
- Afton/Miami – Date, time, and location to be determined
Additional dates – to be determined, will be available via video conferencing.