Deliveries were light and the market is about steady, trending lower. Interest from the commercial shellers and accumulators for domestic trading is moderate, while the export and retail gift-pack businesses are slow. Some offerings have gone into cold storage. Most of the growers are about finished and are cleaning up the last of their lots including B grades and seconds and sending them to market. Most of the commercial buyers are open 3 days a week now.
Weather conditions in Georgia for the week shows the weather to be warming up with evening lows in the 60s and daytime highs in the 70s for the southern areas and cooling back down with rain expected for the weekend. In the northern areas of the state temperatures range from mild evenings in the mid-50s to daytime highs in the mid-60s. Rain expected for the weekend along with colder temps again.
Blends of export quality pecans with mostly Stuarts and 48-51% meat yield (nut count 52-60) sold in a range of about $4.36-5.17 mostly $4.38-4.77 per point. Blends with 47-56% meat yield (nut count 50-59) sold in a range of about $4.08-4.96 mostly $4.28-4.69 per point, while Blends with 42-49% meat yield (nut count 65-76) sold in a range of about $4.00-4.56 mostly $4.00-4.30 per point.
Prices paid to growers (late afternoon January 2, through late afternoon January 9, 2018) at buyers delivery point or F.O.B. the orchard including direct sales to end users, cents per pound in-shell of generally good quality in lots of 20,000 pounds or less unless otherwise stated.
- Desirables (deliveries very light) export quality 50-51% meat yield (nut count under 50) 260-270 yard tree lots 150-220 mostly 175-200
- Moneymakers (deliveries very light) yard tree lots 100-125
- Seedlings (deliveries very light) yard tree lots 100-130 fair quality 80
- Stuarts (deliveries very light) export quality 45-48% meat yield 240-245 yard tree lots 100-125 few higher
Lots in excess of 20,000 pounds including trailer loads:
- Desirables (deliveries very light) export quality 50-51% meat yield (nut count under 50) 260-270
- Stuarts (deliveries very light) export quality 45-48% meat yield (nut count in the 50s) 240-245